Sunday, March 18, 2012

Knitted Monster

Finally finished my monster, which I had started months ago. It was my first time using circular needles so I ran into a bit of difficulty at the connection point, but luckily the loose seams are hidden in the back. I may add more of a face, but I've always liked just eyes. Made with acrylic yarn and stuffed with polyester fiberfill.

This pattern is a variation of the "Hugo" character in the Big Book of Knitted Monsters, by Rebecca Danger. In order to finish it this weekend, I cheated, and started to decrease the stitches much faster than the original pattern, so I didn't get the extra head shape she had, but I still like the way it came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment