Friday, March 19, 2010

Calamondin Tree

My calamondin tree arrived tonight!!! It's a lot bigger than I expected, and I need to buy a bigger pot. I opened the package and was overwhelmed with the most amazing smell, something like a mix of jasmine and oranges. As you can see there are already 5 or 6 fruit, not to mention a ton of buds.

What the heck is a calamondin? Most of you may know it as a lucky orange plant. The fruit resemble tiny oranges, and don't get much bigger than the ones you see in the photo. They're extremely sour but great for seasoning seafood, or anything you would use a lime for.

I highly recommend the online seller I bought it from. She contacted me immediately, shipped the item right away by Priority mail and gave me instructions on how to care for the plant:
http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/mgmg9495

No comments:

Post a Comment