Sunday, February 28, 2010

Popovers

The first time I'd ever had a popover was during my visit to Maine 2 years ago, at the Jordan Pond House. This delicious eggy, air-filled bread is a great alternative to the usual biscuits, muffins or scones at brunch. It reminds me a bit of Yorkshire pudding, but I think I like this better. Top with some butter and jam and eaten fresh out of the oven!

Recipe from (Reader's Digest Quick and Delicious Cookbook)

2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt

1. Preheat oven to 425. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs till frothy. Beat in milk and oil. Beat in flour and salt. Let batter rest for 10 min
2. Grease 6 popover or medium sized muffin cups (you only want to fill the batter about 1/3-2/3 full, so you need larger muffin cups). Divide batter evenly.
3.Bake till puffed and browned (20-25 min). Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment